Our Directors' Package allows those who book 3 or more directing workshops to claim a 20% discount. With a guaranteed saving of over £100, there's never been a better way to come and see what we're up to at LFS!
Wherever you find the green Directors' Package logo you'll find a tried-and-tested workshop, led by a top quality tutor - and a fantastic opportunity to save.
Topics include working with actors, working with writers, visual storytelling, character, storyboarding, pitching your film, prepping your film for production... and more!
Click on the course titles below to learn more about the workshops available. Scroll through the testimonials on the right to find out how the previous participants for these workshops fed back. And when you're ready, get all the booking information you need at the bottom of this page.
Directors' Package Workshops:
How to Set Up and Run a Production Company
This 1-day workshop is designed to provide a practical guide for anyone who has ever considered setting up and running their own independent production company.
Date: Fri 20 Sep 2019
Normal fee: £150 Package fee: £120
Directing Commercials Bootcamp
With this 2-day intensive bootcamp, you’ll learn how to direct commercials and branded content for broadcast and the web from award-winning director, Aasaf Ainapore.
Date: Sat 21 & Sun 22 Sep 2019
Normal fee: £375 Package fee: £300
The Director/Writer Collaboration: From Script to Screen
Leading TV and film Director Tim Fywell takes you on the exciting and fraught journey from Script to Screen.
Date: Sat 26 & Sun 27 Oct 2019
Normal fee: £250 Package fee: £200
Documentary Ideas Surgery
If you have a passion to make factual programmes and ideas you’re burning to get off the ground but need help to take them to the next stage, this 1-day course is for you.
Date: Fri 22 Nov 2019
Normal fee: £150 Package fee: £120
Other workshops included in the package are listed below. They will be available to book as soon as new dates have been confirmed:
- Kate Leys Guide to Writing Treatments & Outlines
- Writers' Gym Weekender: Intensive 2-Day Workshop
- Adapting the Novel for Film & TV
- Visual Storytelling: An Introduction for Directors, Writers & Producers
- Script Editing
- Story Is Character: The Art of Film Storytelling
- Crossplatform Storytelling, Development & Production
- Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process Demystified
- Crossplatform Story Surgery
- Directors' Prep: Everything You Need To Know Before You Shout 'Action!'
- Intimacy Directing: An Introduction to The Five Pillars of Intimacy
- Deconstructing the Soundtrack: A School of Sound Masterclass
- The Editor At Work: Thematic Subtexts, Dramatic Patterns and Rhythms
- Sound & Music Techniques for Narrative Filmmaking
- Inside the UK Writers’ Room: TV Drama Demystified
- The Director/Actor Collaboration: Essential Techniques for Directors
How to book your Directors' Package:
- Go to the LFS Payment Area.
- Add 3 or more workshops to your basket.
- 'View Basket' and enter the following Coupon code: directorspackage
- 'Update Basket' and check out.
- Start planning how to spend all the money you've saved!
Directors' Package Rules (Terms & Conditions):
- To qualify for the 20% discount, a minimum of 3 workshops must be booked within the same transaction.
- This offer is restricted to the workshops listed above (e.g. it does not apply to the LFS Summer Schools or to Udayan Prasad's working with actors course).
- Places are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first served basis until each workshop is full. Early booking is therefore advised.
- The Directors' Package discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (e.g. Early Birds).
- Our normal Refunds and Cancellations Policy applies.
If you have a question about the Directors' Package, please email email@example.com