Our Directors' Package allows those who book 3 or more directing workshops to claim a 20% discount. With a guaranteed saving of over £100, there's never been a better way to come and see what we're up to at LFS!
Wherever you find the green Directors' Package logo you'll find a tried-and-tested workshop, led by a top quality tutor - and a fantastic opportunity to save.
Topics include working with actors, working with writers, visual storytelling, character, storyboarding, pitching your film, prepping your film for production... and more!
Click on the course titles below to learn more about the workshops available. Scroll through the testimonials on the right to find out how the previous participants for these workshops fed back. And when you're ready, get all the booking information you need at the bottom of this page.
Directors' Package Workshops:
Crossplatform Storytelling, Development & Production
Are you a Writer, Producer or Director working in television, film, advertising or gaming? Do you want to take your work to the next level of audience engagement? Over 2 days, crossmedia expert Alison Norrington will introduce you to the exciting possibilities that a digital strategy can bring to your projects.
Date: Sat 24 & Sun 25 June 2017
Normal fee: £250 Package fee: £200
Story Is Character: The Art of Film Storytelling
A story is built around its characters. So, who are you looking at? What are they doing here, in your story? And if they’re driving the story, how do you drive them? Expert script editor Kate Leys has the answers.
Date: Fri 30 June 2017
Normal fee: £125 Package fee: £100
Crossplatform Story Surgery
Are you working on a script or a story for film, TV, web, or even a game, brand or event? Are you planning to develop a crossplatform strategy around your story? If so, this 1-day surgery with Alison Norrington is for you!
Date: Sat 8 July 2017
Normal fee: £150 Package fee: £120
Visual Storytelling: An Introduction for Directors, Writers & Producers
How do you tell a story visually? What makes a film a film, and not TV? We could say a "real" movie is one that's mostly comprehensible with the sound turned off. But where do we start? Director Josh Appignanesi takes participants shot by shot into the heart of cinema.
Date: Sat 22 & Sun 23 July 2017
Normal fee: £250 Package fee: £200
Other workshops included in the package are listed below. They will be available to book as soon as new dates have been confirmed:
- Storyboarding for Directors: Practical 5-Day Workshop with Filming
- How to Set Up and Run a Production Company
- The Director/Actor Collaboration: Essential Techniques for Directors
- Directors' Prep: Everything You Need to Know Before You Shout 'Action'!
- Kate Leys Story Surgery
- Kate Leys Guide to Writing Treatments & Outlines
- Writers' Gym Weekender: Intensive 2-Day Workshop
- The Director/Writer Collaboration: From Script to Screen
- Deconstructing the Soundtrack: A School of Sound Masterclass
- The Editor At Work: Thematic Subtexts, Dramatic Patterns and Rhythms
- Writing Biopics and Docudramas for Film & TV
- Sound & Music Techniques for Narrative Filmmaking
- An Introduction to Digital Colour Grading
- Documentary Ideas Surgery
- Music Licensing in Film & TV
- Selling, Marketing & Distributing Film: The Process, Demystified
- Chris Terrill: One Man And His Camera
How to book your Directors' Package:
- Go to the LFS Payment Area.
- Add 3 or more workshops to your basket.
- 'View Basket' and enter the following Coupon code: directorspackage
- 'Update Basket' and check out.
- Start planning how to spend all the money you've saved!
Directors' Package Rules (Terms & Conditions):
- To qualify for the 20% discount, a minimum of 3 workshops must be booked within the same transaction.
- This offer is restricted to the workshops listed above (e.g. it does not apply to the LFS Summer Schools, or to Udayan Prasad's and Tim Fywell's working with actors courses).
- Places are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first served basis until each workshop is full. Early booking is therefore advised.
- The Directors' Package discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (e.g. Early Birds).
- Our normal Refunds and Cancellations Policy applies.
If you have a question about the Directors' Package, please email email@example.com